Tender Transitions Client Commitment, Terms, and Conditions
My primary goal is to help you improve your child’s current sleep habits so that your entire family is well-rested and healthy. To ensure the safety of your child, I follow SIDS Safety Guidelines and will share these with you as appropriate. They may include:
- Asking you to always put your baby down on his/her back.
- Eliminating any loose items in your baby’s crib if they are younger than 6 months of age.
- Recommending a nursery room temperature of 68-72 degrees.
- Eliminating all crib bumpers; including mesh or “breathable” bumpers.
- Other safety guidelines, as needed.
I commit to you as my client:
- To put your child first. My plan for you is to benefit your child’s health and well-being. I will never ask you to do anything you aren’t comfortable with doing, however, I will educate you on how your decisions could impact your child’s sleep.
- To be available to you for our appointments. I avoid, as much as possible, rescheduling our appointments because I know what it’s like to be anxious for support. If I am unable to make a scheduled call, I will notify you as soon as possible via email, phone, or text to reschedule.
- To be patient and supportive. I understand where you are at right now. I also expect you to do the best you can. I never judge your decisions, philosophy, or beliefs. I have the utmost respect for you investing in your child’s sleep habits and I am here to support you in every way possible.
- To hold you accountable and remind you what is necessary. Implementing change is hard! I commit to providing you the tools you need to succeed. I also am here to let you vent, cry, or talk something through in order for you to meet your sleep goals for your child.
Your commitment as my client:
- Be open and honest. The more you share with me how things are going, what your struggles are, and how you are feeling, the better I can serve you.
- Use your time well. Your sleep package allows us adequate time to make noticeable improvement in your child’s sleep; but only if you communicate with me frequently. This includes use of your email support, phone calls in the allotted time, and accurately completing your sleep log and sharing it with me on a regular basis. If I don’t hear from you, I will assume no news is good news!
- Trust the process and commit to the plan. It works if you fully commit to the plan and stay consistent. Have faith in what I’m asking you to change/do.
Guarantee of Results/Success:
Your success relies both on Tender Transitions giving you an appropriate sleep plan and adequate support; as well as your ability to follow my plan consistently, and eliminate all identified sleep associations. Success can look different for every child and every age but in general, you should expect your child to learn the skills needed to sleep independently the majority of the time. Our time together is only the beginning of this work; but it can take several weeks for your new changes to become fully established.
My Services do not count as medical advice.
The advice you receive from Leann Latus/Tender Transitions is for informational puposes only and is intended for use with common early childhood sleep issues that are wholly unrelated to medical conditions. Leann Latus’ advice is NOT intended to be a substitute for medical advice or treatment. Always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health practioners regarding any matters that may rquire medical attention or diagnosis, and before following the advice and using the techniques described in the program I write for you. Reliance on any information provided by Leann Latus/Tender Transitions is solely at your own risk.
Exclusion/Limitation of Liability.
Leann Latus/Tender Transitions does not make any representations or warranties, expressed or implied, regarding consulting services provided. Leann Latus’ liability (if any) is limited to the consulting fee paid by you to Leann Latus/Tender Transitions, and in no event will Leann Latus/Tender Transitions be liable to you for any other claim, losses, or damages.